All Things New
Our Jeep was released from captivity today. It has been in the shop having it's "rear end" worked on. Nate got update calls from the receptionist at the dealership saying "They just finished inspecting your rear end" or "They think they'll be finished with your rear end tomorrow." We've had a lot of fun with that. It's nice to have our car back, though. They loaned us a Neon and it's just not the same as the Jeep. A huge praise, warranty covered all of the work. We were a little worried when we took it in.
On a different note, our computer breathed it's last a few days ago. It's amazing how much I've come to rely on a computer for so many things. Thanks to Dell, we'll be hooked up next week.
Louie Giglio wrote a chapter in Matt Redman's book Inside Out Worship about the link between worship and the Word. It was a short chapter, but challenging. Getting into the Word has always been a struggle for me. He challenged a group of people to memorize an entire book of the Bible. I've heard of people doing that, but have never tried. What would my worship look like if my mind was consumed with scripture? That's the question I've been asking myself. So much talk about worship these days. I'm digging deeper.
On a different note, our computer breathed it's last a few days ago. It's amazing how much I've come to rely on a computer for so many things. Thanks to Dell, we'll be hooked up next week.
Louie Giglio wrote a chapter in Matt Redman's book Inside Out Worship about the link between worship and the Word. It was a short chapter, but challenging. Getting into the Word has always been a struggle for me. He challenged a group of people to memorize an entire book of the Bible. I've heard of people doing that, but have never tried. What would my worship look like if my mind was consumed with scripture? That's the question I've been asking myself. So much talk about worship these days. I'm digging deeper.

2 Comments:
Julie - you're not alone, I've always struggled with that, too. Just trying to focus on the Word used to be hard, now we've added kids to the mix! I'll be praying that we both can find time and peace to dig in and read what God has in store for us.
Cammie
I'm glad your rear end checked out alright! Too funny!
I've tried to memorize the book of I John numerous times. It seems weird to me that I can memorize dozens of pages of medical information, yet memorizing the same amount of scripture seems difficult at best. Perhaps I need to give it another try.
Post a Comment
<< Home