Saturday, October 01, 2005

Starbucks meets Marion...



So far Julie is the one that has done all of the "blogging" for our family but I felt the need to share my Starbucks opening day thoughts.

In case you haven't heard, Starbucks opened their first shop in Marion yesterday. For the last few days they have been giving away free drinks as the new staff learns how to make them. It is amazing to see the people that come out for free stuff. The Marion Chronicle Tribune interviewed some people that were at the free drink session and it went some thing like this:

Reporter: "So, what brings you out to Starbucks tonight?
Starbucks Guest: "I came for one of them there free coffee things..."
Reporter: "What drink did you get?"
Starbucks Guest: "I don't know. I just said 'I want that!'"(This is a direct published quote in the Chronicle Tribune...although it reminds me of a quote regarding a certain model sailboat in Napoleon Dynamite.)
Reporter: "Do you plan on coming back to Starbucks once it is open?"
Starbucks Guest: "No way! I just came for the free drink. I would never pay to come here!"

I have no idea what studies went into the decision to bring Starbucks to Marion, but judging by what I witnessed at the opening day I am certain that we are going to have a sudden increase in babies being named "Latte", "Macchiato", and "Espresso".

Marion meet Starbucks...Starbucks meet Marion.

-Nate

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh Garlow said...

That's awesome, hilarious, and sad.
All at the same time.
Good job being IN Marion, but not OF Marion.
Catch ya late (or should I say Latte?)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Josh and Cammie Delph said...

TOTALLY excited that you now have Starbucks - maybe the locals can learn to love it! And pay good money for it! I would!!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home