We're making progress...




Here we have been working on this house since we moved in last July...and we're still working on it! We have made some huge strides, though. Here is a look at some progress we've made just in the last couple of weeks. Just last night Nate put the shelves in my new linen closet. It was such a happy moment. We still have spackling and painting to do, but the hard part is finished. And since I can't paint, being pregnant, I guess it's more like Nate has more spackling and painting to do. Sorry, honey!
So much has happened since I last blogged. The Miersma's had Asher a week ago Sunday. He passed away two days after he was born. The visitation was last Friday...one of the hardest things I've had to experience. I had never seen an infant casket before that day. They had a scrapbook of pictures they took of him while he was at Riley Children's Hospital. He was truly a beautiful baby boy. Some people just say that to make the parents feel good...but he was the real deal. Aaron, Angie, Quinn, and Esther could still use your prayers. This holiday season will be difficult.
Emily has catapulted into the world of Strawberry Shortcake. Someone gave us a SS DVD when she was born, and I pulled it out a few weeks ago to see if she liked it. Oh my goodness! She is turning into a strawberry monster! All she can talk about is pupcake...the dog. We have searched hi and low and found a pupcake for Christmas. Shhh. Don't tell her that, though. It's a surprise.
We're driving to Kansas on Wednesday for Thanksgiving. Nathan's Grandparents, Uncle, Aunt, and cousins live in Olathe, a suburb of Kansas City. I have family there also, so we'll get to do double duty! That will be fun. It has turned frigidly cold here, so hopefully snow will stay far away while we're on the road. We had our first snowfall earlier this week. Brrr! I think it's time to bust out the homemade hot chocolate.

4 Comments:
You're driving from Marion...we're driving to Marion! We'll wave.
I'll explain the irony of your post some other day.
Homemade hot chocolate! That sounds so good right now. I hope you have a good time over Thanksgiving. The house is looking great! It's hard to believe Strawberry Shortcake is still around...and popular. I feel so old!
So glad to chat earlier.. thank you for introducing me to the world of blog.. nice place.. mmmm going to have some hot chocolate.
Post a Comment
<< Home