Easter...a week early



We did a little Easter egg hunting this afternoon since it was BEAUTIFUL outside and we'll be in Florida next weekend. Part of the anticipation for the hunt came in helping me load the eggs with jelly beans. We got them all loaded and Nate hid them in the back yard. Emmy was successful in finding every last egg. When we got back inside there was a goody basket of fun things we found for a steal with her favorite characters on them. One of which was a Strawberry Shortcake beach ball. The picture shows Emily helping her Daddy blow up the ball. More fun than the egg hunt and goody basket was hearing Emily say "Hosanna" after church today. She learned about the people shouting "Hosanna" while Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the donkey. It's so cool to hear what she's learning! She also thinks that the steeple on top of our church is a castle...Jesus' castle to be precise. Everytime we pull in or out of the parking lot we hear from the back seat..."Jesus' Castle!" On a completely different subject...we got home from church tonight, and it was one of those...I'm not sure what to eat...don't have much to choose from...maybe leftovers enough for one person. Have you had those moments? Well, Nate was in the mood for pizza rolls. I knew we didn't have any in the freezer inside, but he was determined to eat his pizza rolls, so he went out to the deep freeze to see if there were any out there. To his surprise, there were some out there. The package was opened, and we're pretty sure it moved with us to this house last summer. All that to say, he still baked them. Pure determination to eat his beloved pizza rolls. The oven beeps, he takes them out, bites into one and all I hear from him is "Ugghh". I'm shocked! So, next best thing...Emily's leftover pizza in the fridge. He puts it in the microwave and nukes the daylights out of it. After another "Ugghh", he brings over to me what used to be a piece of pizza. It's now a sticky mess in a pizza box. Oh what a lovely dinner we had. I think he ate the pizza anyway. I had the leftover lasagna.

1 Comments:
I hate those kind of dinner moments-unfortunately we have them ALOT!
Emily looks like she was really helping nate! What a great picture. Getting ready for your trip? How fun is that?
Post a Comment
<< Home