A Night with Compassion
Last night my husband took me on a date to Kokomo. It just so happened that there were a lot of really cool people in town for an evening with Compassion. We got a sitter for Emmy, ran to Starbucks for a frap and macchiatto, and were on our way. The doors were supposed to open at 6pm. We weren't sure if seats were reserved or not, because we ordered our tickets online for will call. We got to the church at 6:40pm and found our seats. Front row! It was an evening with Bebo Norman (my personal fave), Caedmon's Call, Geoff Moore (without The Distance), John David Webster, and another dude who I can't remember his name. All of these artists are associated with Compassion International, who I used to work for when I lived in Colorado Springs. It was an awesome night of music, and fun. Bebo and Caedmon's all seemed so laid back. It was as if they were up there hanging out, rocking to their favorite tunes, and we were lucky enough to listen in. They played together on a bunch of songs, and swapped musicians for others. It was a lot of fun. The last time we saw both of these artists we lived in Colorado. Hopefully it won't take us that long to see them again!

3 Comments:
I think you'd see them all much more often if you moved to Nashville! One of those artists did a free concert at our church to raise money for a boy in our congregation with a brain tumor. Next Thursday, Chris Rice does a free concert at the mall!
But seriously, I'm glad you guys had a good time.
SOunds like such a great time! Caedmon's is my favorite! I admit I am a little jealous! I am glad you had a great time-what a fun date! I'm sure the Starbuck's helped too!
Was John David Webster any good. They (He) want to come out, but I don't know much about them. Damon plays with them from time to time. Let me know
Post a Comment
<< Home