Going to Grandma's
Emily spent her first weekend in Dayton with Grandma and Grandpa Lamb. We drove her over Thursday and spent the night, then came back Friday so she could stay for a few days. We stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Gafford's house first to say hi before we left. And of course Emily had to crawl through her tunnel a few times.
While in Dayton we dropped in on Great Grandma Lamb for a visit. Then Emily was swallowed up by a big color wheel pillow at Grandpa's office. (His office has a playroom for kids. She thinks that is pretty cool.) Nate, Lauren, and I left Friday to go home and re-tile the area in front of our fireplace, build a half wall in our kitchen, and paint the kitchen. We had one row left of tiles when I took the picture. I'll post the finished product after it's all grouted. Believe it or not, we haven't had time to finish it yet!
Emily had lots of fun at Grandma's house. So much so that she is crashed out on the couch holding her new Build a Bear Winnie the Pooh that she made with Grandma and Aunt Stephanie. If you squeeze Pooh's arm, you are graced with a little tune of Emmy singing the Winnie the Pooh theme song...well most of it. The record time was 8 seconds and her version of the song goes a little more like 12 seconds, so she finishes the song live for whoever is listening to the recording. Lauren also crashed in my arms. I think she's tired from all the sleeping that she does.
Aside from the tile work and painting the kitchen...which we'll post pictures of once it's trimmed out...we have another crazy week ahead of us. Not to mention the most humid weather imaginable. There's nothing like an Indiana summer!







While in Dayton we dropped in on Great Grandma Lamb for a visit. Then Emily was swallowed up by a big color wheel pillow at Grandpa's office. (His office has a playroom for kids. She thinks that is pretty cool.) Nate, Lauren, and I left Friday to go home and re-tile the area in front of our fireplace, build a half wall in our kitchen, and paint the kitchen. We had one row left of tiles when I took the picture. I'll post the finished product after it's all grouted. Believe it or not, we haven't had time to finish it yet!
Emily had lots of fun at Grandma's house. So much so that she is crashed out on the couch holding her new Build a Bear Winnie the Pooh that she made with Grandma and Aunt Stephanie. If you squeeze Pooh's arm, you are graced with a little tune of Emmy singing the Winnie the Pooh theme song...well most of it. The record time was 8 seconds and her version of the song goes a little more like 12 seconds, so she finishes the song live for whoever is listening to the recording. Lauren also crashed in my arms. I think she's tired from all the sleeping that she does.
Aside from the tile work and painting the kitchen...which we'll post pictures of once it's trimmed out...we have another crazy week ahead of us. Not to mention the most humid weather imaginable. There's nothing like an Indiana summer!








1 Comments:
I love the comment about why Lauren's so tired...I think Tucker's got the same thing going on! The tile looks great!
Post a Comment
<< Home