Saturday, January 21, 2006

50 at 27

I have never had a birthday quite like today. Usually, it's frigidly cold or snowing, or both. Today it was sunny, mid 50's, and beautiful! Nate and I spent the day in Indianapolis enjoying a day away. He took me to Buca di Beppo for lunch. I haven't been there since I was in college. (Joy Alcock took me to one in San Diego)
After lunch we went to the party store to get some birthday hats for Emily's birthday that's coming in a few weeks. We went down to the Fashion Mall to do some looking, and that is where these shiny pans come in. I have my very own set of All Clad pans! They may be a little smaller than the full-sized ones. Actually they're measuring cups that are made exactly like the All Clads that the pros use. I had to post this for my brother, most of all, because he has become the master chef in our family. (and Melissa too!) So, today I am the proud owner of a full set of All Clads! Yippee! I have measuring spoons too, but I didn't take a picture of those.

Before we drove home, we stopped at IRC Music to see if our good friend Chris Collier was there. To our surprise, he was! He runs the south store, so he usually isn't at the Castleton location. He sent us home with a gift for Emily. Her very own ukelele (a perfect Emily-sized guitar)! When she woke up from her nap, we let her open it. I think the pictures tell the tale the best. Emmy says thanks, Chris!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't realize our birthdays were so close (mine is the 28th!) Sounds like you had a great birthday. Congratulations on the All Clads! You also made me hungry for Italian! I love Buca's! Happy B-day again.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home