Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ice Cream and fireflies

Yesterday was a day of fun discoveries. Before you start looking for pictures, the batteries in our camera are dead. Nate was home for his dinner break and we heard a music box like sound coming closer and closer to our house. The ice cream truck was headed our way! Emily enjoyed her first ice cream truck treat. It was a fruity sherbet kind of thing shaped like a guy from Nickelodeon with bubble gum for eyes that was too pricey for my blood, but since we were out there we had to get it. $2.25 for an ice cream treat is okay at Disney World, but next time we'll wave to the ice cream truck and go back inside and get something fun out of our freezer.

Grandpa Gafford came over to visit last night. Grandma is still in Michigan with Aunt Melissa. The fireflies were a perfect distraction when Grandpa had to go home. Emily wasn't sure if she wanted to pick them up, so Daddy caught two for her. We put them in a container and they became Emily's night light. Tonight we need to find a few more than two for her night light. It was fun to watch them light up on top of her dresser.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaena said...

Yes, but what happened to them when they stopped lighting up? Are they d-e-a-d? (We spell things so Elisha doesn't know what we are saying...do you do that with Emily?) At least it's more humane than de-lighting them to create a glow-in-the-dark ring like some people do.

8:32 PM  
Blogger TheGaffords said...

That sounds like a fun evening. Grandma Gafford and I have been having "fun" packing and getting ready for a yard sale. We, too, have had our share of ice cream treats this week; but we've gone to Steak and Shake or Erma's for ours!

9:53 PM  
Blogger the lambs said...

Jaena - we do find ourselves spelling a lot of things. I'm in such a habit of it, that sometimes I'll spell words to Nate even when Emily isn't around. As far as the fireflies are concerned...we haven't made any rings. Nate's childhood was firefly baseball. They would go out at night and swing at them with their bats when they lit up. I think we're actually doing them a favor by putting them in a ziploc container and letting them live to see another day. They haven't d-i-e-d yet.
Melissa - as long as you don't go to Coldstone or the Cheesecake Factory...I won't get too jealous. I'll have to survive on oreos and milk...which is a pretty good snack if I must say so.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home