Thursday, August 24, 2006

Throwdown

Have you ever taken your children to a store and had other kids come over to see the baby? It's cute, right? Have you ever had a child get nose to nose with your baby, grab their arms, and start screaming in the baby's face? Then as you try to push the baby's stroller away from this child they hold on tighter and scream louder? By this time both of your children are crying. One because she's scared to death, and the other because she doesn't want her sister to be hurt...saying "No hurt Lauren! No hurt Lauren!" I just about had a throwdown with a 5 or 6 year old boy. He was obviously looking for attention from his Mom who was trying to choose which eggs she was going to buy. After two rounds of this scenario, everytime said child saw us down an aisle, he would scream again and run toward the stroller. It was a situation that I have never been in and hope to never be in again.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Let's just remember to stay away from each other when we are with our kids in the store. Actually, lets use that same rule for our block shall we?

Hahahahaha...

Yeah, I would have threw down too.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last comment was mine.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Jaena said...

No way, Julie! What did the mom do? Was she completely oblivious?

10:35 AM  
Blogger jenny marvin mealy said...

Unreal! Did you get to finish your shopping or did you have to just leave?

6:03 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

HOLYYYYYY COWWWWWWW!!!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

What in the world was his mother doing???? Obviously she wasn't parenting at that moment.

9:16 PM  
Blogger the lambs said...

She was saying from the egg section..."Ty, you get over here. She doesn't need your help. She looks like she has enough as it is." I was so impressed.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

As you should be - - - - - what a GREAT model of parenting skills. Hope you "soaked that right up!!!"

NOT

11:51 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm pretty sure I would have drop kicked that kid... Way to stay calm!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SIgh, so many examples every day of why...let's say slapping...should be more accepted by society.

But seriously, my mom has a funny story about something like that happening with me in a grocery store when she pushed her cart up next to someone else and another boy leaned over and bit my arm. The boy's mom turned around and looked and him and then me and back at him and proceeded to bite the other boy on the arm.

Seriously though I like your blog, makes me feel like I'm still in touch of something...

11:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are more patient than I would have been-strong work. I have SO much to learn before we have kids. HOLY COW!

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home