Monday already?
Since our last post, we've had a lot happen in our little world. Emily not only turned 2, but graduated into her big girl bed. She has been a champ at figuring out how to handle her new found freedom. She also picked out her first pet. For just a few bucks, he (or she, no one really knows) has proven to be a big hit. His name, "orange", is very fitting. Yup, we got a goldfish. And it seems he likes kisses on his fishbowl. We're having some difficulty with the pictures loading. We'll have to try again later.
Nate has been slaving away in our half bath, bringing it back to life. It is night and day from what it was. I'm so thankful to have a husband who can do that kind of stuff! He's awesome! We still have a little way to go on that project, but it's coming!
With the Olympics in full swing, I've been glued to the snowboarding competitions. It amazes me what they can do. I have only been snowboarding once in my life, and it was a wonder I didn't break my legs. I remember trying to get out of bed the next morning, not being able to move a muscle. I guess trying a black diamond on my first day wasn't the smartest move either...but it was fun! I just remember waiving my arms and yelling "Watch out! I don't know how to turn!", so all the people in front of me had a warning of what was headed their direction. Then there comes a point that you have to stop. Not knowing how to carve, I just snowballed to the ground, faceplanting in the "snow" (or ice as it seemed to be in Michigan). I would love to learn how to actually snowboard. I guess I should've done that while we lived in Colorado, but being pregnant made it a little impossible. There are still many winters to come! So, all that to say, props to all the Olympic athletes out there in Italy.
Nate has been slaving away in our half bath, bringing it back to life. It is night and day from what it was. I'm so thankful to have a husband who can do that kind of stuff! He's awesome! We still have a little way to go on that project, but it's coming!
With the Olympics in full swing, I've been glued to the snowboarding competitions. It amazes me what they can do. I have only been snowboarding once in my life, and it was a wonder I didn't break my legs. I remember trying to get out of bed the next morning, not being able to move a muscle. I guess trying a black diamond on my first day wasn't the smartest move either...but it was fun! I just remember waiving my arms and yelling "Watch out! I don't know how to turn!", so all the people in front of me had a warning of what was headed their direction. Then there comes a point that you have to stop. Not knowing how to carve, I just snowballed to the ground, faceplanting in the "snow" (or ice as it seemed to be in Michigan). I would love to learn how to actually snowboard. I guess I should've done that while we lived in Colorado, but being pregnant made it a little impossible. There are still many winters to come! So, all that to say, props to all the Olympic athletes out there in Italy.

3 Comments:
Try loading your pics one by one, instead of several at a time. I was having trouble too! Hope to see "Orange" soon!
Have a good week.
LOL!!!
I'm hitting the slopes on Monday.
Can't wait.
I love snowboarding, but I suck at it! I commend those who snowboard because it is SOOOO much harder than skiing. AHHHH the first goldfish. They are an adventure. We look forward to the pictures.
Post a Comment
<< Home