Thursday, October 26, 2006

I am such a nerd

Have you ever had a phone conversation with someone where you totally know their voice, but you can't place it for anything? I had one of those tonight. First off, I was referred to as Julie Gafford. That puts it back to high school/college days. I thought that if we kept talking something would ring a bell. I kept trying to make their voice sound like someone else's, but it just wasn't coming together for me. But I knew that I knew them well enough that I SHOULD KNOW! Ahh. So, Dave Hodge, if you're out there (and I'm going to find you tomorrow) I AM SUCH A NERD! I totally should've known. It's just been too stinkin' long. What gave it away, you ask? The message on the answering machine that I heard way too late...saying this is Dave Hodge. I am SO sorry!

7 Comments:

Blogger Shoemaker Family said...

Been There...

http://davehodge78.blogspot.com/

6:25 AM  
Blogger Jaena said...

Yep, I've played the "Who-in-the-World-Am-I-Talking-To" game too... Of course, I always tell myself that if the person would have started the phone conversation with, "Hi, this is so-and-so..." it never would have been a problem! ;)

11:17 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Thanks so much for the book! I appreciate it!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Happened to me with my own cousin. She still doesn't know that it wasn't until AFTER I hung up that I figured out who is was. The impressive thing is that I maintained the conversation for a full hour... or maybe that's what makes it not impressive...

10:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's happened more times than I like to admit. It always makes me feel like a nerd too! Especially with my husband...no just kidding, but I have confused my mom and my aunt! They REALLY do sound a lot a like...seriously, they do!
Dave's a nice guy, I'm sure he will be very forgiving!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Shoemaker Family said...

Jules...where did you go???? Come back to the blogworld...post pics of your family - I love to see them and your updates...Come back, Jules...

7:46 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I need to see pictures! I'm going through Emily and Lauren withdrawal!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home